JUST READ Podcast!
Do you have a plan to spend time reading the Bible this year? It's not too late to begin reading the Bible alongside our children's classes. To find our Bible reading plan, follow this link: https://www.conroechurch.com/resources/bible-class-reading-plan.
If you would like to have the Bible read to you while you commute, exercise, or go about other daily tasks, you are encouraged to follow our new podcast: JUST READ. The aim of this podcast is to spend time JUST READING the Bible. We hope that it will be an encouragement to you in your own effort to spend time in God's Word today. If you would like to listen to the JUST READ podcast, you have several options:
- Listen on our website: https://www.conroechurch.com/resources/just-read-podcast
- Listen on Podbean: https://adow.podbean.com
- Listen on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/0wDQxCzivGxl8gYIAPiJs6
- Listen on Google: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkLnBvZGJlYW4uY29tL2Fkb3cvZmVlZC54bWw=?fbclid=IwAR2EwLP3TH6IAADiwq2pSoAaVAoxKqTnZ5y2u1UQIJTpTgKYV1_V_AwfQEI
- Listen on Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/show/just-read
Our hope and prayer is that you make Bible reading a priority in 2021! :)
Bible Classes Are Back!
Beginning on Sunday, January 3, 2021 we will begin offering classes for all ages on both Sunday mornings (9:30AM) and Wednesday nights (7:00PM). We have used our extensive lay-off to clean up our classrooms and revamp our curriculum. We hope that the work we have put in will be a great benefit to our young people!
Our young people will be studying GENESIS this quarter. A reading schedule for our young people and their families can be found HERE. We have also started a podcast that can be used to listen to these readings throughout the week. You can access that podcast HERE, or by listening on SPOTIFY. We want to invite our whole congregation to read along with our young people :)
Our adults will be studying 1 Peter, 2 Peter, & Jude on Sunday mornings and The book of Joshua on Wednesday nights. These studies will be live streamed for the benefit of those who are shut-in or unable to attend, but we look forward to seeing as many of you as are able in person to study God's Word together :)
So, to be clear, beginning in January, our meeting times will be as follows:
- Sunday @ 9:30AM — Bible Studies for All Ages
- Sunday @ 10:30AM — Worship Assembly
- Wednesday @ 7:00PM — Bible Studies for All Ages
Spring Meeting: CANCELLED
We were planning to Kyle Pope (from Amarillo, TX) join us for a special series of lessons this Spring. Unfortunately, we have made the decision to cancel this event for the time being. We hope that we can have Kyle join us in the very near future. Please check our website and facebook page for updates about this and other events.
UPDATE on Worship Assemblies (04/09/2020)
Friends and Family:
The last few weeks our congregation has been meeting in a drive-in/lawn chair fashion. The Shepherds have met and decided that beginning Sunday, May 10th, we will be meeting in the building! We understand that some of you may not be comfortable meeting in the building yet—and that’s fine! For those of you who still have concerns about meeting in the building we will also be (1) broadcasting our worship with an FM transmitter to the parking lot and (2) live-streaming to our Facebook page (facebook.com/whconroechurch/live). Additionally, in an effort to keep people safe, we will be taking some safety precautions.
For your convenience, please take note of the following items:
- We will be assembling Sunday morning @10:30AM only.
- We ask that you continue to maintain 6 feet between you and members of other families.
- To help maintain social distancing our Overseers have marked off areas where you can sit and will escort you to a seat.
- For communion you may continue to bring your own emblems, but—if you need them—emblems will be available upon entry.
- For contribution you are welcome to bring your check/cash. There will be a box available to drop it in as you leave. If you would prefer, however, you are welcome to continue mailing your check to Jim or contributing via the PayPal button on the bottom of our website.
- You are encouraged to wear a mask during our worship services. If you would like to wear a mask but do not have one we have some available at the building and you may request one as you enter.
- The Elders request that we not clog up the entry way before or after worship. There will be ample space for visiting outside after our worship assembly :)
As always, our intention is to care for one another physically and spiritually. We are prayerful that our efforts to worship in this fashion bring glory to God and demonstrate our care for one another.
Worship Assembly UPDATE (4/25/20)
Friends & Brethren,
Despite the rain, we had a great turn out at our drive-in worship assembly last week (4/19). We plan to continue assembling in a similar fashion for the time being. This post is to let you know about how things will proceed in the coming weeks.
FIRST, we will continue to live-stream our worship assemblies for those who are staying in for various reasons (e.g., in a high risk category, currently ill, or otherwise fearful of giving or getting disease). You can find that stream, as always, at facebook.com/whconroechurch/live
SECOND, we have secured an FM transmitter for our use during these worship assemblies. We will have a sign at the building to let you know on which frequency we will broadcast.
THIRD, we were encouraged by the great turn-out last week. We even had people around the sides of the building where they could not see the worship leaders. We want to utilize our space well while still maintaining social distancing and prioritizing the health and concerns of one another. So, please note the following two items:
- If you are able and would like to, you may bring lawn chairs/blankets/umbrellas and set them up in the grassy area in front of the building. IF YOU CHOOSE TO DO SO, PLEASE CONTINUE TO MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING (6’) BETWEEN FAMILY UNITS. Also, if you choose to sit on the lawn, please park around the sides of the building so that those who choose to remain in their cars can park where they can see. Additionally, our lawn has been recently treated for ants, but—as you would in any Texas lawn—please watch where you step.
- If you would prefer, YOU ARE WELCOME TO REMAIN IN YOUR CAR and worship with us in that way.
FOURTH, as we did last week, we will have communion supplies on hand—prepared and distributed in as sanitary a way as we can muster—for your use. However, if you prefer and are able, you are encouraged to bring your own supplies to limit potential contamination.
We look forward to continuing to worship God together despite these less-than-ideal circumstances and we will continue to worship in this fashion until further notice.
Feel free to pass this along to your friends and family who may like to join in worshipping with us. We hope to see you Sunday at 10:30AM! :)
APRIL 19, 2020 - DRIVE-IN ASSEMBLY
SUNDAY, APRIL 19, 2020 the church that meets at Woodland Hills Dr in Conroe, TX will assemble in a DRIVE-IN FORMAT.
Though our present circumstances have made it necessary to avoid assembling for a time, we know that God expects us to assemble to build one another up and worship Him. Still, assembling together poses some challenges. We want to—to the best of our ability—abide by the laws and guidelines of our local, state, and national governments while also worshipping God as He desires.
First, if you still plan to stay home due to being in a high-risk category or are worried about contracting or spreading disease, WE WILL STREAM OUR WORSHIP SERVICE @10:30 AS WE HAVE BEEN DOING. Go to facebook.com/whconroechurch/live to watch that stream.
For those who would like to assemble with us, we will be providing audio via a Zoom Meeting. PLEASE ARRIVE A LITTLE EARLY SO THAT WE CAN GIVE YOU THE INFORMATION TO ACCESS THE MEETING.